WE STILL MISS YOU! AVFD Hall is still closed and will not open until Governor Hogan moves the state to Stage 3. Therefore, we will not be having our Father’s Day show scheduled for June 21. We are hoping for a special July 19 show if all goes well. We will keep you updated!
It continues to be a challenging time for everyone, including our Arbutus Record show family, vendors, and customers. We are all itching to get back to seeing everyone and looking for our favorite music and music items. But safety first! Keep spinning those favorite tunes.
Hunting around for some great father-related tunes to celebrate our dads, we came across some songs (and links to their videos) about fathers from an article in Good Housekeeping, (click here).
Though spanning many genres, it’s not surprising that many are from country singers but they are for all kinds of dads – stepdads and new dads (Brad Paisley’s “He Didn’t Have To Be”) to those fathers who are no longer with us (Luther Vandross’ “Dance With My Father.” No matter how you celebrate, have a great Father’s Day.
Brad Paisley – “He Didn’t Have To Be”
Luther Vandross – “Dance With My Father”
What is your favorite dad-related song?
The 25 Best Father’s Day Songs of All Time
- “Daddy Lessons” by Beyoncé featuring Dixie Chicks
- “Just The Two of Us” by Will Smith
- “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw
- “Song For Dad” by Keith Urban”
- “Papa Don’t Preach” by Madonna
- “Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)” by John Lennon
- “Cat’s in the Cradle” by Harry Chapin
- “Love Without End, Amen” by George Strait
- “The Greatest Man I Never Knew” by Reba McEntire
- “Daddy’s Hands” by Holly Dunn
- “Drive (For Daddy Gene)” by Alan Jackson
- “My Father’s Eyes” by Eric Clapton
- “That’s My Job” by Conway Twitty
- “Father of Mine” by Everclear
- “Papa Was a Rolling Stone” by The Temptations
- “The Best Day” by George Strait
- “Watchin’ You” by Rodney Atkins
- “Daughters” by John Mayer
- “There Goes My Life” by Kenny Chesney
- “Father to Son” by Queen
- “Father and Daughter” by Paul Simon
- “He Didn’t Have to Be” by Brad Paisley
- “Daddy Could Swear, I Declare” by Gladys Knight and the Pips
- “My Front Porch Looking In” by Lonestar
- “Dance With My Father” by Luther Vandross